Pages

April 27, 2014

Layout >> Mo & Tom

Hi all!  The layout I have to share with you is based on a sketch (since those have been really working for me lately).  

Today's sketch:

I'm trying to finish up my Studio Calico Sugar Rush kit so I thought this would be a great sketch to use to help me use up some scraps.  Grid designs are great for using up scraps!


I also got to take my DSLR out for a little more practice. 




These October Afternoon frames weren't part of the kit, but I think they coordinate really well.  I was really happy to be able to use them!



A great way to use up strips of paper is to put them together in a woven grid, which worked well for the square element I was going for.


I keep a dish of various die cuts on my desk so that I remember to use them.  I left these white so that it didn't  compete too much with the pattern behind them.


I've grown to enjoy using large clusters of the same embellishment for impact, so these Studio Calico Essentials stars worked well to bring life to the subtle pattern behind them.

Thanks so much for looking!

post signature

No comments:

Post a Comment