Pages

April 30, 2014

Workspace Wednesday >> Sketch Organization

Happy Wednesday everybody!  As strange (or familiar) as it sounds, I love organizing!  Especially organizing things so that they are at arms reach.  Because I love organizing so much, I actually look forward to my Wednesday blog reading because it's Workspace Wednesday!!  YAY!!!!  Since I've decided to try to stay on top of my blogging and try to evolve the way I blog, I think it's a good move to start my own Workspace Wedneseay posts. Today I'm going to show you how I organize my sketches.

After going through a couple months of serious scrapper's block, the thing that really pulled me out of it was creating from sketches.  I used to just look sketches up on my iPad or my PC and work from there, but it was becoming tedious.  When I finally reorganized my stamps, I realized how much I loved being able to flip through them!  So why shouldn't I store my sketches in the same place?



I adhered my sketches to the blank side of index cards (they're not color coded, I just ran out of purple cards), and on the lined side I write what layout I used the sketch for and the month I created it.  


I'm sure there's a more thorough way of cataloging the layouts I've completed using each sketch.  I did briefly think about adhering a thumbnail of the finished layout on the back of the card but I think that might be going a little too far.

Thank for visiting!

post signature

No comments:

Post a Comment