Pages

April 26, 2014

Layout >> Love

So this is my 3rd "post scrappper's block" layout and at this point, I've discovered what works for me.  Scrap lifting.  I scrap lifted myself and it turned out really well.  I also scrap lifted 3 other layouts that I won't be sharing because they are 100% scrap lifted.  Almost exactly.  It's kind of embarrassing.  I do love them, though.  The people who look at my scrapbook don't need to know that I stole them, right?

I do want to stop scrap lifting for now.  It's served its purpose.  So what's the next thing in line on my "get creative again" journey?  Sketches.  Oh I love sketches!!  If I could get away with it, I would always create from a sketch.  I do tend to stick rather close to the sketch when I'm creating.  Even so, I'm actually a lot more pleased with the layout as a whole than I am with something I just came up with on my own.  I tend to do the same thing over and over again if left to my own devices.

I am also really bad at remembering to use my cut files.  So this time, I chose the cut file first and built a layout around it!  I have always loved this cut file from Two Peas in a Bucket.  It's really cute and I've loved everything people have done with it.  

Here is the sketch I chose to work from by Shimelle Laine:

scrapbooking sketch by shimelle laine @ shimelle.com

And here is what I came up with:


I have fallen head over heels in love with vellum.


And these adorable stars.



post signature

No comments:

Post a Comment