Pages

December 19, 2013

New hobby and updates

I haven't posted for QUITE a long time!  So here's a quick update on my goings on and also an update to the concept of this blog.

Back in September I decided it was time to lose weight.  I never really saw how much I've gained until I started sewing and my real size was basically shoved down my throat.  I'm not saying I didn't like myself (I'm comfortable in my skin) but I knew it was time to make a change.  Three months after I started my weight loss journey, I'm down 20 pounds and 2 full sizes.  I'm about halfway to my goal, but it's amazing to be able to wear the clothes from the back of my closet!

In November I got engaged!!!!!  Matt and I are planning our wedding for June 2014!

I've found a new hobby that I'm completely obsessed with.  Scrapbooking.  Now that I'm planning to officially become part of Matt and Leah's family, I've realized how much I want to capture and document our lives together.  Even Leah has joined the scrappy hobby!  She has her own scrapbook and we're working on building her supply collection.  It's fantastic quality time that we get to share - our "no boys allowed" time, if you will (except Oscar - he doesn't count).  So in addition to a sewing blog, I think that this blog should act as an all around crafting blog.  And besides, it's my blog - I can do what I want with it!

I'll work on getting my layouts posted as I do them.  So far, I only have 3 so that shouldn't take long.

No comments:

Post a Comment