Pages

May 14, 2014

DIY wall art tutorial

Hi there!  I have somewhat of a tutorial to share with you, showing you how I made this:


I started by watercoloring a piece of 7 x 9 watercolor paper, making sure to blend the colors together for each transition.  After letting it dry (I used a heat gun), I adhered it to a piece of 8 x 10 cardstock to keep it as flat as possible:


Using my electronic die cutting machine, I cut out my quote (it's a little smaller than the 8 x 10 cardstock).  I also cut a strip of gold glitter paper large enough to cover the word "beautiful":


I then adhered the glitter paper to the back of the large diecut to cover the word "beautiful":


I then adhered the diecut to my cardstock.  It's now ready to frame!


Thanks so much for stopping by!!


post signature

No comments:

Post a Comment