Pages

January 22, 2014

Layout >> Wing Night

Happy Wednesday, friends!

I've been trying to do 2 layouts a night so that I can get through my December and January Studio Calico kits before my February kits come.  I compiled a big stack of backlogged photos to go through so I have plenty to scrap, unfortunately it's inspiration that I'm lacking.  It's a good thing sketches are so easy to come by!

I really like the kits that are coming out in February (from what I see of them).  Studio Calico has an attractive array of happy pastels in Sugar Rush that I'm excited to get my hands on.  The 2 choices Scraptastic is offering is a Valentine themed kit (Feel Again) and a boy themed kit (Mr. Big Stuff).  I don't have any interest in a Valentine themed kit.  I am intrigued by Mr. Big Stuff.  I don't have a son (unless you count Oscar) but I am a gamer and a (new) football fan.  I love the colors and papers.  There are only a few specifically "boy" related elements in the kit so I can just hold on to them.

OK, I'm done babbling.

I did this layout for a Studio Calico LOAW challenge.  The challenge was to use football team colors. We're Kansas City Chiefs fans in my house (Matt's from the Kansas City area) so I chose Red and Yellow.  




 I played around with watercolors for the cutout shapes - I'm still not very good at watercolors!





post signature

No comments:

Post a Comment